Monday, April 19, 2010

Running is Painful

Well....my running partner Gianna and I made it through all 20 miles!!! It was a struggle, but when it was all finished...we both said "oh we can do 6.2 more"! :)  I have felt sore before...but never this much soreness! Haha I am still sore today...going down stairs is HELL hahaha other than that...I feel great! Mentally, I feel confident that we can do it!

Last night at work, I was serving a group of 5 women and I heard them talking about running/training...so of course I walked over to chime in...and when I told them I was training for the full marathon and had just ran my 20mi the day before...they got up from their table and hugged me for a good minute! haha it was awkward...but felt good that someone could understand the soreness! haha Anyway...they told me about a run in San Fran called the Nike Women's Marathon. When you cross the finish line...a sexy firefighter (in uniform) gives you a Tiffany's Necklace!!! What more could a woman ask for after running a marathon! haha I think I am feeling a weekend getaway in San Fran in a few years!! :)

Hope everyone has a great Monday!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment