Thursday, August 25, 2011

WOW it has been a very VERY long time since I posted....a lot has happened in my life since my last post.... but to sum up the last 6 months....

I graduated Physical Therapy school in May, passed my boards, and started a new job at a local hospital.  I absolutely LOVE working as a PT!! Everyday I come home feeling a certain level of pride that I have helped at least 1 person today in their road to recovery.  Working a big girl job with a big girl PAYCHECK has been so great! :)

And...Of course on August 14th my hubby and I welcomed our new baby boy into the world! That alone has been a life changing event that is so amazing there are no words to describe the moment you first look into your newborn's eyes. :) 

The last two weeks have been filled with lots of excitement, worry, tears (from baby and mom), sleep-deprived nights...but most of all LOVE.  I never knew a love so deep as the one I now feel for my son and husband! I would do anything for our lil family!! It has been so fun watching my husband become a father and our love grow for each other. 


Now...since the day I found out I was pregnant I said I wouldn't stop working out, and would continue to eat healthy.  I followed those two rules...for the most part anyway.  I continued to workout on a regular basis (but rather than running, I did a lot of walking).  My belly didn't really limit my working out as much as my chest size (I swear I could make a million bucks if I designed a sports bra that REALLY holds the girlfriends in place when you are larger than a D).  My diet was nearly flawless (with the exception of an extra food group I added -- Graeters)! hehe Now that the baby is here I am feeling very anxious to get back into the swing of things...so I cannot wait to be cleared in 4 more weeks to resume normal physical activity! I may just cry at the end of my spin class or long run!  In the meantime...Baby Ryan and I have been taking morning strolls in the neighborhood and the whole family (fur babies included) have been walking at night! Only 10 pounds away from my pre-baby weight! Cannot wait to get there....

1 comment:

  1. congrats on graduation, new job, and your new family! That is a lot of changes to have happen all within the same time frame. I hope that you are doing well. I too accepted a PT job at a hospital and I am loving our profession each and every day! What a joy it is to be able to help people! I'm really excited for you and all of your new beginnings!

    ReplyDelete